Machinima Artists Guild

Moderators: Cisko, Larkworthy Antfarm, Celestial Elf, Asil, Natascha Randt

Problem with Machinima in Firestorm and V2: cursor can't recognize commands after UI is turned off

Dear MAG members,

Sorry for the cross-posting but I wanted to alert you to an issue I opened in the FS JIRA.  There is a serious problem with making machinima in Firestorm that I wonder if the rest of you have encountered.  Essentially, V2 has messed with the UI such that when you turn it off, all commands that your cursor is rested upon and ready to instigate won't operate... as though it's turned off the UI for the cursor as well (not merely hidden the visuals from us).  In Phoenix I was able to open an animation box, put my cursor over the animation, hide the UI and click.  It won't do this anymore, and not in Kirsten's either.  For those of you who like to start the animation after the clip starts (some of them I use are pretty fast), you have to go back to Phoenix to do it in.

If you've had this problem, please go to the FS JIRA (I have my issue opened below), and add your voice to mine.  FS might eventually be able to work around this problem.  I would like FS to take care of all my living and filming needs and this is a disappointment.  Does anyone have a work around?  What about the record and playback functions in Develop?  Even then, how can you activate them when the UI is turned off?

Thanks, Hypatia

http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-2514

Tags: FireStorm, UI, animations, cursor-problems

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i had this issue with other HUDs / scripts in Phoenix too. most creators allow a trigger via chat with that /XXX DO command. that worked even in the hidden chatwindow. kinda blindtyping.
regarding the play animation u might program the anis as a gesture and trigger them with keyboard shorcut.

Ahhh Cisko, the trigger via chat doesn't work either.  Nothing that is done on-screen works in FS or V2 when the UI is hidden.  As far as programming the animations with a keyboard shortcut, that sounds good--thanks!; I have very little background in programming, tho', and must learn it. Maybe someone could show me how to do that; it shouldn't be difficult.  I could do one and test it, but I have this sinking feeling that in the updated V2,  the hidden UI shorts out ALL keyboard activity wrt what goes on in the screen.  If so, this is a defect that has to be remedied: the UI is merely a blind for the viewer.  It should not be something that disables your keyboard commands in-world.  Maybe the mesh viewer can address this.

In the meantime... do you know what keyboard shortcuts outside chat or clicking inworld animate avatars?  I could test that and see what happens and then bid for a little tutorial on applying keyboard short cuts to the anims I have.  But they might not be modifiable.  I might have to turn into a hacker. ;)  Or a game designer. 

its not that complicated - did u ever edited a gesture which is triggered by a keyborad shortcut of ur choice? u can choose an animation and sound. just pick a gesture in ur inventoty and edit it.

wazch this

Hey Cisko, thanks for the link.  It was very helpful about editing gestures and especially assigning them to keyboard shortcuts.  The question is, can animations be assigned keyboard shortcuts?  When right clicked, they don't pull up the same edit screen. I don't see any obvious way to assign them kb shortcuts.  Am I missing something?  It's my purchased animations that I'm interested in activating, some of them really good. ;)  thx...

cisko vandeverre said:

its not that complicated - did u ever edited a gesture which is triggered by a keyborad shortcut of ur choice? u can choose an animation and sound. just pick a gesture in ur inventoty and edit it.

wazch this

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Available

Now!

© 2014   Created by Lowe Runo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service